[Mailman-Developers] Pre-select defer/accept/discard/reject for all mails

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat Jul 17 15:15:27 CEST 2004

At 2:25 PM +0200 2004-07-17, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

>  I'm not a JavaScript expert (in fact, I made this by trial and error, so
>  for sure this can be done more elegant:)  please don't blame for that...

	For those who are interested, my understanding is that these
issues can also be handled via the "dispose" command-line tool that I
recently mentioned here, or the "bulk-vette" program that David
Champion recently mentioned.  See the archives of the
mailman-developers list for more information.

	Also note that you can incorporate anti-spam/anti-virus filtering
programs such as SpamAssassin into your MTA or called via procmail
before delivery to Mailman, and then use Mailman's built-in spam
processing features to automatically detect and toss the majority of
the spam you get.

	See the Mailman FAQ for more information on these alternative methods.

	Please note that I'm not saying that what you've provided here is
not useful.

	Indeed, I think that this is a good idea for a web-oriented way
to handle the same sorts of things as the "dispose" or "bulk-vette"
scripts, and I think it's good to have multiple different ways to
solve the same problems.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755