[Mailman-Developers] Mailman menu items

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sat Jun 19 01:50:24 EDT 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 01:05, Bev Scott wrote:

> The adminstrators will add and remove people from the list.
> The system administrators will do the rest.

If you want all of your lists to behave this way, you could:
   - comment out the 'list' entry in Mailman/Gui/Membership.py
   - change Mailman/Cgi/admin.py so that if the category is 'members'
     the subcategory must be either 'add' or 'remove' (and defaults to
     'add')
   - remove (or change) Mailman/Commands/cmd_who.py to
     prevent mail access

(And then be sure to register your changes in your favorite version
control system so that you can easily redo them with each Mailman
update.)

To do it on a list-by-list basis, you can do the first two things in an
extend.py module in the list's directory... but I'm not sure how to
intercept the mail command there.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/