[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue May 4 07:20:46 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:03, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> I do have some control over the MTA.  But it does seem a little ridiculous
> to filter out warnings (but not errors) just because mailman insists on
> treating warnings as errors.

The ISP is sending bounces.  The fact that the text in the message says
these are warning messages rather than bounces does not change the fact
that the messages are bounces.

Mailman cannot parse every form of error message - in that direction
lies madness.  Does it need to be polyglot as well?

BTW one of the reasons I am moving to VERP handling of mailman mail is
so that I can then easily treat all these oddities that are currently
missed (due to crap internal message structure so that the end point
address cannot be derived) such as delay warning messages, TMDA or other
challenge response messages and similar crap.  They will all be treated
as straight bounces - send more than a couple and you get a free
invitation off the list.

	Nigel.