[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request: Jerk Mode

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed May 5 12:36:03 EDT 2004

I'm a 2.0.11 user.  I did look through the NEWS file; apologies if I
missed something new.

I'd like a subscription mode where someone will receive all messages,
but when they post their message is only delivered back to them.

I run a few lists where we have trollers and trouble makers.
Unsubscribing or moderating them doesn't help because they re-subscribe
with a new email address. Moderation of subscriptions and posts is not
practical on some lists.

These people just post to get a reaction out of other list members.  The
best solution is to have people ignore them, but that's hard on a list
that is constantly changing.  So, this mode would allow a way for the
list owner to enforce people to ignore the posts.

I realize that it's not a perfect solution -- these people can still
re-subscribe with a new email address, but for many they may not realize
that they are the only one seeing their own messages.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org