[Mailman-Developers] Maybe you guys can help me

Heiko Rommel rommel at suse.de
Wed May 5 12:53:12 EDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Paul Tomblin wrote:

> I tried asking this on mailman-users, and got totally ignored both times I
> asked.  Here is my problem:  One of my mailing list users has an ISP that
> refuses email for hours at a time, and the ISP that they get their email
> through, panix.com, sends a warning if it's undelivered for four hours.
> Problem is, mailman treats that warning as an error, and if it happens for
> a few days in a row (even if the problem corrects itself for part of the
> day and delivers the mail), it bounces her off my mailing lists.
>
> The problem is that I don't know Python.  As far as I can tell, the fix to
> ignore these warnings should go in Mailman/Bouncers/Postfix.py, but that's
> all I can figure out.  Can somebody help me?

While the developers are looking for the best way of handling such
delivery notifications ;) you might try to fiddle around with the Bounce
Processing Parameters (one of the top configuration categories).
Setting bounce_score_threshold to a higher while setting
bounce_info_stale_after to a really low value might ease your problems.

Heiko Rommel                             rommel at suse.de
SUSE Linux AG,     Maxfeldstr. 5,     D-90409 Nuernberg
T: +49 (0) 911 74053 0        F:  +49 (0) 911 741 77 55