[Mailman-Developers] Split anonymous from harvester-proof (bug 940497)

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Tue May 11 07:20:48 EDT 2004

I'm on a list which a few weeks ago enabled the anonymous feature to prevent a
spammer from lurking on the list and harvesting addresses. This made it
impossible to sort messages by sender, and several members have complained
about this. The list is not intended to be anonymous. I propose splitting
this feature in two:
Anonymous: Anything that looks like an email address in the headers and is not
a message-ID is replaced with the list address. The entire From: header is
replaced with the list address. The incoming Received: headers are deleted
(if the sender has a static IP, they identify him).
Harvester-proof: Anything that looks like an email address in the headers and
is not a message-ID is replaced with the list address. The rest of the From:
header (usually the sender's name) is left alone. The Received: headers are
left in.

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa