[Mailman-Developers] Changing member options via command line

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sun May 16 04:04:41 EDT 2004

On May 15, 2004, at 16:33, Felix Kipping wrote:

>   File
> "/var/tmp/mailman-2.1.1-build/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/
> OldStyleMemberships.py
> ", line 331, in setDeliveryStatus
> AssertionError

I no longer have Mailman 2.1.1 around to check.  Which assertion is on
line 331?

Did you remember to lock the list when invoking withlist?
Are you sure the value you are using for 'delivery' is one of the
allowed values?
         MemberAdaptor.ENABLED,  MemberAdaptor.UNKNOWN,
         MemberAdaptor.BYUSER,   MemberAdaptor.BYADMIN,
         MemberAdaptor.BYBOUNCE

> does anybody know what i've done wrong and can give me a hint how i can
> write
> such a python programm, inorder to change the member options (Mail
> delivery,
> Set Digest Mode, Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?, Receive your own
> posts to
> the list?, Receive acknowledgement mail when you send mail to the
> list?).

I posted a similar code fragment on mailman-users on May 7th for
dealing with delivery.  For other user options, check the
getMemberOption() and setMemberOption() functions of MemberAdaptor.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/