[Mailman-Developers] Python versions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat May 22 08:40:47 EDT 2004

    Daniel> Here's a summary of Python versions on other popular
    Daniel> distro's:

[Linux reports elided]

On Mac OS X 10.3 (aka Panther), we have

    Apple -> 2.3

IIRC Mac OS X 10.2 (aka Jaguar) was Python 2.1.  On the third-party
ditribution front:

    Fink -> 2.3.3
    DarwinPorts -> 2.3.3

by default.  As far as I can tell from the config files in both cases
2.3 would be the default on earlier versions of Mac OS X as well (Fink
has different distributions for 10.2 and 10.3, AFAIK DarwinPorts does
not).  I'll let somebody else judge whether the population at risk of
inconvenience from requiring Python 2.3 is large enough to worry about.