[Mailman-Developers] Mailman with SXIP support, preliminary demo

Andy Smith andyster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 05:42:10 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:31:40 -0500, Bob Puff at NLE <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:
> ...and SXIP would be??
I wrote about it a bit in my previous email, I figured I would spare
you reading it a second time... but...

SXIP stands for "Simple eXstenible Identity Protocol" which is a
protocol developed by the company I work for, coincidentally named
"Sxip Networks" http://sxip.com and https://sxip.org

SXIP is, at it's least powerful level, an authentication protocol,
however it has the benefits of securely asserting that information is
valid, in this case the prime target is a user's email address. So,
since we have an email address that has already been validated by
another site, we can trust that it is valid (needs no confirmation)
and belongs to the user (it can be used as the identifier for admin
and mod stuff instead of password).