[Mailman-Developers] Offer of help

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Nov 12 17:26:00 CET 2004

On Nov 12, 2004, at 1:39 AM, Russ Pagenkopf wrote:
> Not quite sure where to post this, so I thought I'd send it here. I've
> just started working with Mailman and when I started to print out the
> administrator commands with --help I noticed, ummm, a bit of, well,
> shall we say, inconsistency. :) Now I'm not a python programmer (sigh,
> another to learn?), but in looking through the files it looks like it
> would be fairly simple to edit them to a consistent standard.
>
> I want to contribute back and this is something I can do. Who and how
> should I submit these changes? I think a lot of the text descriptions
> could also be cleaned up and used on the web page, so I'd be happy to
> do that as well.

I started working on this, but I'd *love* to have someone else do it.
If you're bored, you can finish up the man pages I'd been writing for
each command.  I also started doing the web stuff, but I realise quite
a lot of it could use more work.

I'm running out the door at the moment, but I'll get in touch with you
to let you know exactly what I *have* been doing.  And if Tokio doesn't
mind, you can deal with me as the documentation person and save him the
trouble of fussing over that part of things.  I accept patches to
documentation if need be. :)

  Terri