[Mailman-Developers] Status of bug #974290 unknown encoding crashes qrunner?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Nov 30 11:41:00 CET 2004

What is the status of these bugs?

    bug #974290 unknown encoding crashes qrunner
    bug #926034 crashes on encoding errors

I seem to recall that Tokio Kikuchi or maybe Jim Tittsler had a fix,
but there's nothing about it in the tracker, and I can't find it in my
mailman-developers archive.  There are a few posts with the words
"unknown encoding" in them on mailman-users and mailman-developers,
but no fixes. :-(

I can probably get my host to install the codecs (I assume that would
help), but this really shouldn't crash the runner.

I'm seeing this under Mailman 2.1.5, on a fairly motley RedHat system
(I think it was running 5.x when we started hosting our lists there,
it's been upgraded piece-by-piece, often from source, since then).  Of
course it's all Chinese spam in GB2312, but it would be nice if it
didn't fill the error log and the shunt queue, and simply evaporated
instead.<wink>