[Mailman-Developers] referring fix_url.py

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Mon Oct 11 07:31:03 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 10:24:32PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 20:32, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
>
> > +      Note that you may also want to run bin/fix_url.py to change
> > +      existing lists' domain.
>
> I'd probably word it like this: "Note that you will want to run
> bin/fix_url.py to change the domain of an existing list.  bin/fix_url.py
> must be run within the bin/withlist script.

What does "within the bin/withlist script" mean?  Sorry, rhetorical
question because I know what you mean but the sentence implies that you
must use wishlist in some interactive mode.

Why not simply...

Note that you may want to run bin/fix_url.py to change the domain of an
existing list.  fix_url.py must be processed by the withlist script, like so:
	bin/wishlist -l -r bin/fix_url.py <listname>

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek