[Mailman-Developers] Can we remove nimda.txt ?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Oct 16 08:22:16 CEST 2004

At 2:52 PM +0900 2004-10-16, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

>  Here is the diff for current NEWS file. (I believe Barry can
>  fix my poor English.) More will come later because I get requests
>  of merging patches personally. But, please be patient as I will
>  check the patches and bugs for assigning to myself when it comes
>  your turn. ;-)

	While we're at it, can we update the documentation so that we can
deprecate FAQ entries 5.8 and 5.12?  It sure would be nice to not
have so many people asking about support questions with Mailman 2.1.5
using older versions of Python, or MTAs that don't implement VERP.

	Also, if we're going to require VERP support on the MTA with
2.1.5 and beyond, can we go ahead and turn on "VERP_CONFIRMATIONS =
Yes" in mm_cfg.py, so that we can also eliminate all the questions
regarding the funky subject lines which led to FAQ 4.52?

	On a separate matter, the way that full personalization works is
really, really annoying.  When enabling this on lists I manage, I've
gotten more complaints than on all other items combined on those same
lists.

	I'm going to work out a way to hack out the most offensive things
and submit a patch, but has anyone else had issues with it?  Am I
totally out in left field, or does someone else already have a patch
that I haven't seen?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755