[Mailman-Developers] on the subject of fix_url, list creation with @ is non-intuitive..

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Oct 30 00:23:22 CEST 2004

> 1. You have the list owner change their DNS to point to you
> 2. You host their website and their domain
> 3. You provide a mechanism for them to update their web pages
> 4. You provide a mechanism for them to access their e-mail
> 5. You become a general support/ISP for said domain, even though you
> only
> agreed to host a list for them.

Nono.  You set up mailman.theirdomain.com or lists.theirdomain.com and
point *it* at your server.   You don't host anything but lists, all the
lists then have addresses that are mylist at lists.theirdomain.com and if
they want to alias mylist at theirdomain.com, then that's their job and
none of your business.

Now, I can totally see how you could wind up getting stuck hosting
other stuff once you did this ("We want there to a page on
http://mailman.theirdomain.com/ instead of just /mailman/listinfo", "we