[Mailman-Developers] Possible spam attack against MM lists

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 12:16:05 CEST 2004

There has always been a stream of attempted SPAM to the lists I host,
and to date, touch wood, its been caught by MTA address checking and MM
member only post checking.

I seem now to be getting posts to the list forged from addresses of list
members (or in one case a list itself).  The rejection of these so far
has been pretty much by sheer luck (they failed the content policy
checks).

Are other people seeing this?

I am starting to think that my advocacy of mandatory death sentences for
spammers is far too liberal and wishy-washy.

	Nigel.