[Mailman-Developers] Min requirements for running Mailman?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 16:48:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 10:31 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 08:15, John.Airey at rnib.org.uk wrote:
> > Red Hat have taken some packages out of RHEL eg arpwatch and mysql-server
> > (although this is in the "extras" channel) even though these are in the
> > source RPM. Mailman is currently not included but might be being put back in
> > to RHEL 4.0. I would like to hope so, as I find 2.1.5 far superior to
> > 2.0.13.
>
> Mailman 2.1.5 is in RHEL 4

Am I right in thinking that 2.1.5 does not have backward compatibility
with 2.0.x versions, so it is not possible to directly upgrade a 2.0.x
to 2.1.x?

I was certainly unable to take lists to 2.1.5 when I tried recently on
full system upgrade - I ended up recreating the lists with significant
pain involved.

	Nigel.