[Mailman-Developers] 8bit and NNTP gateway

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 21 10:14:10 CEST 2004

At 11:24 PM -0400 2004-09-20, J C Lawrence wrote:

>  Are there any extant tools to detect 8bit mail (identified by a
>  affected MIME parts (or base message if no MIME) to quoted-printable?

	The easy way to handle this is to configure your MTA so that it
thinks that it is 7-bit only, and it should do the conversion for
you.  Sendmail certainly does this, and I'm pretty sure postfix does
too.  Not sure about any of the others.

	The only other alternative I know of would be to hack the gateway
code in Mailman so that it does the conversion.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755