[Mailman-Developers] SCRUBBER Question

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Fri Sep 24 18:50:55 CEST 2004

I have Scrubber enabled on  my Mailman 2.1.5 configuration.  It works
fine stripping the attachments,  except, why does it change a Microsoft
Word extension ".doc" to a ".bin"?  This makes it difficult to open the
attachment, because you have to either save it to your hard drive and
associate the file to open in the correct program, or choose which
program to open it with.  Why doesn't Scrubber  just leave it at .doc
and then when you click on the stripped attachment link, wouldn't it
know to bring up the correct application and display the file?  Or would
it thing the content type is HTML?
Any solutions or work around.  Please respond this is critical that I
know if there is something I can do.

--
Kory Wheatley
Academic Computing Analyst Sr.