[Mailman-Developers] HTML email

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun Sep 26 07:37:10 CEST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:25:18 -0700
Marci Abraham O'Daffer <marci at kalico.net> wrote:

> I am having a hard time understanding how mm handles HTML mail.

In generaly, especially in v2.1, it handles it just fine by not doing
anything special with it.

> I realize the digest pretty much trashes it...

That's only true of the text digest.  MIME digests handle HTML (and
MIME) just fine.  You may wish to disable text digests if your lists
have frequent HTML messages..

> .. and the archive does not preserve it...

Actually, it can.  You can also use an external archiver such as MHonArc
which is particularly capable in this areas.

> ... but is there any way to make either of them behave so that the end
> user has a digest or an archive that is more readable?

Yup.  See above and make sure you are running v2.1 for starters.

--
J C Lawrence