[Mailman-Developers] Problems with arch

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 28 01:30:36 CEST 2004

At 7:05 PM -0400 2004-09-27, Ricardo Lemus wrote:

>  The problem is, that the body's mail start with a 'From ...' then
>  arch suppossed that is a new message and then strip in 2 files.

	You appear to have an MTA that is not performing 7th edition
mbox-format "^From" escaping.  I wouldn't have expected that this
would cause a problem, because arch should be taking each message as
it comes in and processing it as a single unit, regardless of whether
or not this was done.  Of course, this would be an issue when you're
importing large numbers of messages into the archive, as I believe
that the tools probably do assume 7th edition mbox-format mailboxes.

	If you can configure your MTA to perform this function, that
should resolve the problem.

	See also
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq05.001.htp>,
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.036.htp>,
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.003.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755