[Mailman-Developers] Problems with arch

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Sep 28 02:35:02 CEST 2004

Ricardo Lemus wrote:

>Bingo.
>I'm importing archives list from a listserv.
>The file isn't a standard mailbox.
>It has a different From date format.
>
>And now you give me a second tips.

In that case (importing an archive), look at bin/cleanarch to fix the
unescaped "From " lines in the message bodies.

 bin/cleanarch --help

for instructions. It isn't perfect and your archive may still require a
little hand fixing. I had one or two problems where one post included
a copy of another e-mail including the "From " line. These are hard to
find. In my case, I was able to find them because the messages in the
import archive file had a fixed sequence of exactly four headers
From:, Date:, To: and Subject: so any "From " that wasn't followed by
exactly these 4 lines and a blank line was suspect.