[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Usiing the withlist command

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 07:03:36 CEST 2004

On 29 Sep 2004, at 00:06, Kory Wheatley wrote:

> I'm trying to write a script where I can change the
> default_member_moderation and accept-these_nonmembers  objects, after a
> new Mailman list is created automatically by a cron process.  I've been
> able to change the "default_member_moderation" as planned, but the
> "accept_these_nonmembers" object I'm having troubles with.  When I try
> to add an email address, it shows up in the configuration like this:
> @
> .
>
> How can I get the whole thing on one line.  There's my python code
>
> import sys
> #Run this script with
> #withlist -l -r change_values mylist
> #
> def change_values(mlist):
>    print 'LIST ', mlist.internal_name()
>    print '    Default Member Moderation Before: ',
>    mlist.default_member_moderation
>    print '    Accepted Non Members Before: ',
> mlist.accept_these_nonmembers
>    mlist.default_member_moderation = 1
>    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers  =  "root at mm.isu.edu'

accept_these_nonmembers is held as a Python list not a string. You may
want to say:

     mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append("root at mm.isu.edu")

or, if you do not want to preserve the prior list content:

	mlist.accept_these_nonmembers  =  ["root at mm.isu.edu"]

or, you want to add the address only if it is not already in the list:

     if not "root at mm.isu.edu" in mlist.accept_these_nonmembers: