[Mailman-Developers] [Fwd: [ mailman-Bugs-1188133 ] CGI group id not properly tested]

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Apr 24 22:16:11 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 19:58, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> Thank you John!  I've updated the bug tracker.  Mr. Mottram also changed
> his page after a little discussion with me.

BTW, note that Postfix generally isn't susceptible to this
misunderstanding because Postfix will run its mail programs using the
user and group owner of the alias file the filter program is defined
in.  Because the typical Postfix+Mailman installation is using the
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.db file that is group owned by mailman,
--with-mail-gid=mailman /is/ the right value to use.