[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.X CVS MAIN is back

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 20:52:38 CEST 2005

On 8/31/05, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> At the very least, we must drop Python 2.1 and 2.2.

+1

> If we must continue to support Python 2.3, so be it, but I'd like
> to leapfrog even that version.  There are several Python 2.4 constructs
> and modules that I'd dearly love to be able to take advantage of.

I'm fine with ditching support for Python 2.3. My primary concern is
what's supported in FreeBSD ports, and it's been at Python 2.4 for 9
months now.

I'm sure there will be some complaints from people running
"Enterprise" operating systems that are locked at older versions of
Python. These could be alleviated if there was critical issue support
for a MM2.1 maintenance branch for some period (not sure if anyone has
time for this), or they could just be told they're out of luck.

Bryan