[Mailman-Developers] Disable reponses to the moderation e-mail

Mike Mimic ppagee at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 10:58:07 CET 2005

Hi!

I tried to find a way to disable responses (command
results reponse) to replies which discards hold
message from moderators.

So I checked a code and find in CommandRunner.py in
send_response method:

Safety valve for mail loops with misconfigured email
'bots. We don't respond to commands sent with
configured, so we max out the number of responses
we'll give to an address in a single day.

And I tryed this (adding Precedence: list) but
discovered that such reply was simply discarded and
not processed at all. And not (as I hopped) processed
as before, but without a response.

So I checked code a little more and found out that
send_response does not check precedence anywhere and
that _dispose checks it. And if it finds it (without

I find comment in send_response misleading. But it
would be nice if it worked. So that I can discard
messages from my e-mail client and not getting a
response. I do not like that for every spam I get on
my list Mailman sends me another message. I can check
logs or login through web interface to check if
messages were correctly discarded.

Is there some other way to do this?

Mike