[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-i18n] A better way of doing templates?

Fil fil at rezo.net
Wed Dec 7 09:20:06 CET 2005

> > Very cool.  I've also heard requests to reduce the tarball size by
> > separating the languages out into separate downloads.  Does anybody
> > think that's worth doing?
>
> This has also been checked in.  I'm going to try hack the release script
> to separate the languages from the main tarball.

I personnally dissent from this idea; one great strength of free software is
its internationalization open to everyone both in participating to
translations and using them. Making them "optional" is making the software
weaker.

If the need for smaller tarballs is real (which I doubt, given the bandwidth
and diskspace you need to run Mailman :-) ), one option could be, on the
contrary, to have a seperate download link for people who
*want* a mono-lingual (supposedly US-English?) Mailman.

-- Fil