[Mailman-Developers] Spam/Scam button

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Dec 15 00:26:16 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 14:33 +0200, Rui Correia wrote:

> I've just been cleaning up a list that I administer and suddenly it came to
> me that we could have a report Scam/Spam button for such items being sent to
> Mailman lists.

A long while ago, I did an experimental integration of Spambayes with
Mailman that had a similar concept.  Essentially it let you train ham
and spam for its bayesian filter.  I'm sure the patch is still on SF,
but off-hand I don't know whether it still applies to CVS.

While in general I think the mailing list is a lousy place to do spam
removal (it is better done upstream of the MLM), I do think we could add
some useful controls to help here.