making Mailman CAN-SPAM compliant (was Re:[Mailman-Developers] Hashing member passwords in config.pck)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Feb 16 17:45:21 CET 2005

At 8:13 AM -0800 2005-02-16, JC Dill wrote:

>  I don't know what Brad's key focus is on this list, but I can share with
>  you that *I* am not a developer in that I don't write code.

	I'm not a developer, either.  I can do a little bit of hacking
together scripts, but that's about it.

>                                                               My role here
>  is that I help in a product management type role, helping prioritize,
>  helping define, helping with documentation (FAQ entries etc.), enter
>  feature requests, etc.  And I help with the day-to-day management of
>  the mailman -users and -dev mailing lists so that the key developers
>  can focus their time on code instead of running the lists.

	Pretty much the same for me, although I also have some additional
access to the servers so that I can help monitor and administer the
mail system as a whole, etc....

	I try to do all the little things I can, so that Barry and the
core developers can focus their attention on the big things that I
have no hope of ever being able to touch.  For the most part, I try
to follow the lead of people like Barry, Chuq, JC, and the others who
have been here longer than I have.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755