[Mailman-Developers] High Availability

Preston Wade Preston_Wade at hilton.com
Mon Feb 28 02:46:55 CET 2005

Hello,

I read some old post back in 2002 on this list about Load balancing.  In my scenario I don't have near the volume to warrant load balancing but I am interested in fail over capabilities.  Would it cause Mailman any heartburn if I simply wrote an rsync script to keep the trees in sync?  And then use the heartbeat package to do automatic fail over.  I realize depending on my sync cycle I will potentially loose some data.  Is there a better alternative to this?

Also I saw there are plans to move to a user store were users would have one password for all list.  Have there been any considerations for LDAP as that user store?

Thanks,
Preston