[Mailman-Developers] Fwd: Volunteer sought to code Mailman/Plesk integration script for use by African organizations

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 18 09:42:44 CET 2005

At 2:22 PM -0500 2005-01-15, Tobias Eigen wrote:

>                               As it is directly relevant to Mailman, I
>  hope you don't mind that I also share it with you all directly.

	I have no problem with this.  IMO, we should have a place where
requests of this sort would properly belong, even though they aren't
paying jobs.  But that's just my personal opinion.

>                                                                   I am
>  quite keen on solving this problem as soon as possible. Please let me
>  know if you're interested and I'll give you the gory details. Any
>  useful scripts or lessons learned shared back to the community, of course.

	It's funny.  A totally different question regarding integration
between Mailman and Plesk finally lead me to create FAQ 6.15 at

	Only now that I happen to be looking through my Python-related
e-mail for other things, do I come back to this and realize that
you're talking about the same sort of thing -- only you're talking
about fixing the problem that we cannot (today) fix ourselves.

	Of course, when you're talking about simulating the functionality
of Yahoo!Groups, there's also FAQ 1.26 at

	Speaking only for myself, I would very much like to see us get to
a situation where we can eliminate these two FAQ entries, and
basically "just make it work".  I think this would be a huge benefit
to the entire Mailman community.

	I can't help you with the Python coding, and I don't know squat
about Plesk, but if you need help with Mailman administration, please
let me know.

	I'm willing to step up and do what I can to help towards this
goal, and I hope that other people on this list are willing and able
to do the same.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755