[Mailman-Developers] Bad info in http://www.list.org/faq.html

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jul 23 02:10:23 CEST 2005

The FAQ at http://www.list.org/faq.html and mirrors contains

<quote>
  Q. Can I put the user's address in the footer that Mailman adds to
each message?
A. Yes, in Mailman 2.1. The site admin needs to enable personalization
by setting the following variables in the mm_cfg.py file:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1 VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1

Once this is done, list admins can enable personalization for regular
delivery members (digest deliveries can't be personalized currently).
A personalized list can include the user's address in the footer.
</quote>

This should say

<quote>
  Q. Can I put the user's address in the footer that Mailman adds to
each message?
A. Yes, in Mailman 2.1. The site admin needs to enable personalization
by setting the following variable in the mm_cfg.py file:

OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes