[Mailman-Developers] Head's UP - we changed administrivia settings for the mailman-users and -dev lists

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Fri Jun 24 21:18:18 CEST 2005

Because the mailman-users and mailman-developers lists frequently
discuss administrivia matters and because most users on these lists know
how to properly email the list server for administrivia tasks, most
administrivia filter matches to these lists are false positives.

We have just changed the list config to no longer try to filter out
administrivia requests.  When you send email to unsubscribe or otherwise
change your list settings be *extra* careful to send your request to the
server address and not the list submission address, lest your mistake go
out to the whole list.  (You probably won't like the flames this is
likely to produce.)

jc - volunteer assistant list admin for -users and -dev