[Mailman-Developers] Using an external system to generate passwords, etc..

Mark Tilden mark at mdt-consulting.com
Tue Mar 1 07:47:34 CET 2005

I'm wondering if anybody has integrated Mailman's user name/password system
with external systems that generate the user names and passwords. I've
searched the archives and found a few references to using MySQL or LDAP, but
nothing concrete enough to tell if it's actually implemented somewhere. My
goal is to integrate Mailman and it's admin pages into a larger site that
already has a system of creating user names and passwords (using email
addresses as user names). I run several smaller Mailman lists, and we're
trying to integrate one of these lists with the existing site.

If anybody has any pointers, I'd appreciate it. I've been running Mailman
for a couple of years, but haven't dug deeply into the code (and hope to
avoid having to...).

Thanks!
Mark