[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Usability

Joost van Baal j.e.vanbaal at uvt.nl
Fri Mar 4 10:57:50 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 01:38:38PM -0500, Terri Oda wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Tobias Eigen wrote:
> >I'm sorry to say it, but Mailman's web interfaces are extremely
> >daunting and confusing.
<snip>
> >And we're only talking about the frontend (listinfo interface) here
> >now, not even the backend (admin interface) for list owners. The
> >backend is so incredibly complex and overwhelming that it has become a
> >serious stumbling block for us in offering a service that people will
> >actually use.

Same here.  I am considering writing a wrapper in front of the admin
pages, with _lots_ of buttons removed.  (Don't hold your breath for
that, though.)  Perhaps a newbie/expert toggle on the interface would be
helpful.  Lots of listadmins at the site here are overwhelmed by the
sheer _amount_ of buttons.

Bye,

Joost

--