[Mailman-Developers] EOL handling in Mailman

Sylvain Beucler beuc at beuc.net
Sat Mar 19 10:15:10 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm a Savane (gna.org/p/savane) developer, and we noticed that when we
send mail with newlines in the \r\n format, Mailman converts them to
\n\n.

I would like to get your point on what we should do to fix the
problem. I had a look at RFC 822; the EOL (end of line) description is
not very clear, but it seems that the standard EOL convention is \r\n
(CRLF).

The issue can be fixed if I make Savane convert all \r\n to \n before
to send the notifications, but I am not sure this is very
compliant. Anyway I do think this is a bug in Mailman. What do you
think we (Mailman and Savane) should do?

I posted a detailed bug report at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1151439&group_id=103&at
+id=100103
for more information.
The Savane bug report counterpart is at:
https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=1980

--
Sylvain