[Mailman-Developers] Where to post RFEs ?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Mar 23 19:30:38 CET 2005

MF wrote:

>I am new to this list. I am the admin of several mailman-based lists
>and I'd like to submit a RFE to be able to recover admin passwords
>(NOT subscriber passwords). I haven't seen this submitted as a bug or
>as an RFE in the Sourceforge site, and I see the RFEs there don't seem
>to be maintained/assigned. Where should I post this ?

Sourceforge is the place, but in this case, here will do. You can't
retrieve list admin passwords by design because they are not stored
anywhere except as a non-reversable hash.

If a list admin password is lost, a mailman site admin can use the site
password to access the list's password page and set a new list
password or can use the bin/change_pw script to set a new password for
the list.

If the site password is lost, a site admin can set a new one with
bin/mmsitepass.