[Mailman-Developers] Patch for Mail Archive mirroring

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen larsi at gnus.org
Tue May 3 13:19:56 CEST 2005

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> writes:

> This meta-archival site would then have a list of external archivers
> that be notified about the mailing list.

(Like Jeff said, Gmane would probably not be one of these archivers,
because we need more information than is usually available from
Mailman.  In particular, we need to know what the list is really about
to classify it properly, and list descriptions are (more often than
not, I think) "The devel list", which doesn't really help us much.
And we like to have project URLs, so that we can point users to the
web site of the project, and there's settings like address encryption
on/off, etc, etc.  So at present, only mail-archive.com (and possibly
MARC) would be the only external archive(s) on the list of archivers,
which might make this overkill.)

  larsi at gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen