[Mailman-Developers] Plugin architecture? If not, suggestions on extending functionality?

Carl Fink carl at fink.to
Fri May 20 03:12:18 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'm running mailing lists for a nonprofit organization.  We'd like to create
a customized newsletter.  The idea is that subscribers would visit a
configuration page, and check off the topics that they're interested in.
Then, monthly or so, a customized newsletter would be generated for each
subscriber and mailed out.

Since I'm already administering a Mailman server, it struck me that
extending Mailman was the way to go.  I'm only slightly familiar with
Python, but it would be my seventh or eighth language, so that doesn't
intimidate me.

What I'd like to do is write a plugin.  However, I have been unable to find
a description of a Mailman plugin API in dozens of web searches using
multiple engines.  I find *references* to such an API going back four years,
but no actual documentation of one.

So:  does the current Mailman support plugins?  If not, what do you, the
Mailman developers, think of extending the package to support custom
newsletters?  Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks for reading.
Carl Fink           postmaster at iconsf.org
I-Con System Administrator and Postmaster
<http://www.iconsf.org/>