[Mailman-Developers] MM3?

Kevin McCann kmccann at cruciverb.com
Thu Nov 17 06:27:25 CET 2005

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>>I have been watching with anticipation, but it's been a while since I
>>have heard anything on MM3.  Any noteworthy updates?
>>

>Sadly, no.  My job has been incredible time consuming so I just haven't
>had much time to work on MM3.  If things go well, I have some plans for
>jump starting development that I'd like to share with the group around
>the December time frame.

Hi Barry,

I realize you replied to this message last Oct. 22, but in view of a
on MM3 development over the next 6-12 months. To what extent does the
project depend on your availability? Have there been developments behind
the scenes that have not been discussed on MM3? I'm being told by
someone on the developers list that I have not been following this
project closely enough to be able to comment on it. If anyone know this
is untue, it's you. As you know, I have championed Mailman and have
really wanted to see MM3 come to fruition. I'm no longer with Bellanet
and can't get funding through those channels, but maybe there are other
ways to contribute in the future. It would be helpful, however, to get a
good picture of where things stand with MM3. And not necessarily from a
perspective of what your personal plans are, but what the collective
prpject plans are or ought to be. This gives people the opportunity to
decide whether they should hang in there with MM or try to get something
going with a new MLM project.

Cheers,
Kevin