[Mailman-Developers] Mysql MemberAdaptor 1.61 and Mailman 2.1.6

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Oct 27 07:22:42 CEST 2005

On 10/26/05 6:06 PM, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Actually, it is not really doing the right thing because it is not
> supposed to be aware of what's in the _BounceInfo class. The info that
> is passed to it is a string representation of the _BounceInfo
> instance, and it should really just be saving and retrieving that.
> IMO, there should be just one column in the MySQL table for this
> string representation. The only possible snag I see is that the string
> contains new-lines, and I don't know MySQL so I don't know if
> new-lines are allowed in a string field/column.

Based on these tests dashed off using one of Exim's debugging capabilities
$ exim -be
> ${quote_mysql: A\x0atest}
 A\ntest
> ${quote_mysql: A\x0dtest}
 A\rtest
the newlines are OK but have to be quoted (as do CR characters, and others).

This, of course, assumes that Exim's quote_mysql operator is doing the right
thing.

The best thing would be to check the MySQL documentation (which I'm too lazy
to do this evening).

  --John