[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-i18n] Problems with Vietnamese translation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 25 07:28:26 CEST 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:

>On 25/04/2006, at 4:38 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> More importantly, po2templ.py didn't create any templates in
>> templates/vi. This appears to be because in
>> messages/vi/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po, the magic
>>
>> #: templates/en/filename:1
>>
>> headers are missing the ' ' between '#:' and 'templates'.
>
>AFAIK, there shouldn't be any templates in trunk. They've been =20
>converted into the mailman.po file. This will be much easier to =20
>manage, especially when updating translations.

Yes, there shouldn't be any templates in the subversion trunk, but that
isn't what I was saying. I'm saying that 'make install' did not
extract the templates from the mailman.po for the templates/vi/
directory in the insatlled system. The reason for this is the magic
templates headers in messages/vi/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po look like

#:templates/en/admindbdetails.html:1
#:templates/en/admindbpreamble.html:1
#:templates/en/admindbsummary.html:1
#:templates/en/adminsubscribeack.txt:1
#:templates/en/adminunsubscribeack.txt:1
etc.

and they should look like

#: templates/en/admindbdetails.html:1
#: templates/en/admindbpreamble.html:1
#: templates/en/admindbsummary.html:1
#: templates/en/adminsubscribeack.txt:1
#: templates/en/adminunsubscribeack.txt:1
etc.

because the po2templ.py script that extracts them from the mailman.po
file is looking specifically for

            if line.startswith('#: templates'):