[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Sender field

Hans G. Ehrbar ehrbar at lists.econ.utah.edu
Fri Apr 28 22:13:25 CEST 2006

I strongly second the idea of replacing the listname-bounces
address by a different address which does not suggest that
something went wrong.  This brings to mind another example
of an unfortunate choice of words: on some of my mailing
lists people got outright paranoid because they received a
message that their submission was not accepted because of
"suspicious headers".  They thought they were being
censored.  Appearances sometimes mean a lot.

Hans G. Ehrbar

Hans G. Ehrbar   http://www.econ.utah.edu/~ehrbar   ehrbar at economics.utah.edu
Economics Department, University of Utah     (801) 581 7797 (my office)
1645 Campus Center Dr., Rm 308               (801) 581 7481 (econ office)
Salt Lake City    UT 84112-9300              (801) 585 5649 (FAX)