[Mailman-Developers] suggested improvement for Mailman's bounce processing

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Aug 8 11:42:54 CEST 2006

--On 7 August 2006 15:08:56 -0400 James Ralston
<qralston+ml.mailman-developers at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>     Choices:
>         [X] Count the bounce against the threshold.
>         [ ] Forward the bounce to the list owner.
>         [ ] Ignore the bounce.
> Comments?

The default should NOT be to count the bounce against the threshold. Let's
not assume that all remote servers are broken. I'd guess that the default
should be to ignore the bounce.

Another option might be to bounce to the original sender. In fact, that
could be a *per user* option, though that would require more work.

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex