[Mailman-Developers] Turning off dynamic JavaScript

Laura Carlson lcarlson at d.umn.edu
Thu Jul 6 18:30:49 CEST 2006

At 01:54 PM 7/5/2006, David Andrews wrote:

> That assertion is not true, to my knowledge -- and I am a screen
> reader user.  Because it does work with a lot of things, and does
> offer improved functionality, it is rare to turn Javascript off.
>
> David Andrews

On one of the SXSW 2006 Interactive Panels [1], "Making Web 2.0
Accessible", Javascript and accessibility guru, Derek Featherstone,
mentioned that screenreaders running with JavaScript enabled is in fact
the norm. Shawn Henry also mention the importance of testing with users.

Laura

SXSW 2006 Podcasts:
[1] http://2006.sxsw.com/coverage/podcasts/