[Mailman-Developers] Users, persistent storage, caches, etc.

emf i at mindlace.net
Thu Jul 6 19:19:22 CEST 2006

Barry et. al.:

Barry, I've read about your SQLAlchemy work and look forward to seeing
that checkin ;)

Here's my situation:

1.) I have to have a concept of user to really improve the user
interface. Many things become easier, but there are things I can do with
a user-concept I can't do without it:

a.) Different emails for different lists, same user.
b.) Providing moderator/admin privileges to a user rather than a shared
secret.

2.) I need to store preference information somewheres. This includes:
site-wide UI configuration; list-wide UI configuration; user UI
preferences/state.

3.) I need to store caches somewhere; for some things it would be best
to keep them around, and maybe even in a more queryable format than files.

All of this leads me to- where should I stick things?

~ethan