[Mailman-Developers] suggested improvement for Mailman's bounce processing

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Mon Jul 31 13:57:19 CEST 2006

Whis may be slightly OT, but I just encountered a major problem with the
bounce processing on MM 2.16.  Had a large list used for monthly
announcements.  I realized that since messages only went out once per month, I
needed to tighten up the default bounce scoring system, so I set it to remove
the user after 1 bounce (score of 1.0).  The following day, I saw excessive
CPU load on the box, so I checked into it.  It was unsubscribing everyone from
the list, saying due to a bounce in 2005, they were being unsubscribed!

The strange thing is that no posting had been done to this particular list
during the time of the change of the bounce parameters, and the unsubscriptions.

BOb