[Mailman-Developers] 2.1.8 documentation mismatch

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 11:41:26 CEST 2006

--On 6 June 2006 22:02:44 -0700 Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Barry Warsaw wrote:
>>
>> I agree, but which is the best term to use?  Reading the dictionary
>> entries for "approve" and "accept", I think I like the former:
>
> Actually, both terms are used on the radio buttons on the admindb page.
> "Accept" is used for held posts, and "Approve" is used for
> (un)subscription requests.
>
> We could of course change the name of the held message radio button to
> "Approve", but then we'd have an inconsistency with "Add
> poster at example.com to one of these sender filters:", and if we changed
> that, would we also want to change the name of accept_these_nonmembers?
>
> It seemed simpler to me to just make the template change I indicated in
> my prior reply.

While we're here, can we change all instances of "reject" to "bounce".
Mailman deals with queued messages, so it isn't capable of rejecting a
message in the SMTP sense. All it can do is generate bounces - which are
probably collateral spam.

Even better would be to integrate Mailman into MTA's better, so that the
MTA can use Mailman data to reject spam.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex