[Mailman-Developers] archiving size issue

Fil fil at rezo.net
Wed Jun 7 21:53:41 CEST 2006

Hello,

my server's drive is saturated now and my problem #1 is with the
mailing-list archives. I have a total of 5GB of archives in .mbox format...
which make a whopping 12GB when you add the html-generated archives.

This makes me think that we might have room for improvement here... either
to "archive on another computer" (using ssh maybe?), or to generate the
archive HTML pages on the fly (with proper caching of the thread structure
of course). It would also help a lot if the Message-Id were part of the url,
I think. I'm not looking for a solution, but hints would already be great.

-- Fil