[Mailman-Developers] Hi! I'll be your intern for the summer :)

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 12:44:24 CEST 2006

--On 29 June 2006 02:36:10 -0700 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2006, at 10:37 AM, emf wrote:
>
>>> How about this for extra:
>>>
>>> 1) Display a list of ALL members - just their names and addresses.
>>> 2) Delete ALL the list members with one click - OK, and maybe a
>>> confirm
>>> dialog!
>>
>> Hm. This comes slightly in opposition to the desire to have a more
>> user-centered mailman interface; what happens if a user changes their
>> preferences and you re-build the entire list?
>>
>> An associated problem is what happens to users that are subbed to
>> > 1 list?
>>
>> I recognize this may not be an issue in your specific case, I just
>> think
>> that issues like these will be more of a deal when we don't keep
>> "members" in per-list silos.
>
> Definitely, and what about when list memberships come from external
> rosters (e.g. external systems or generated on demand)?

Well, then I'd want an interface to delete all the members of a roster. In
the case of the lists that I'm concerned with, those lists would would only
have one roster anyway.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex