[Mailman-Developers] Accessibility Testing Tools (was Re: Hi! I'll be your intern for the summer :))

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jun 30 01:27:55 CEST 2006

David Andrews said:

> If you have OSX10.4 Tiger there is a built-in screen reader called Voice
> Over.  I believe it is command-F5 to bring it up, but could be wrong
> there.  I have only used it briefly, and not at all with the web, but
> could probably get access to a machine at work.

Correct, this works with MacOS X 10.4 Tiger.  I've tried VoiceOver just to
play around with it a bit, and I didn't like it.  I turned it back off
soon thereafter.  I wouldn't want to be dependant on a program like this
for all my web access.

But if someone wants me to do some specific testing, please let me know.
This is now my main machine, and I have both Safari and Firefox, and I can
install a number of other browsers for testing purposes (including Opera,
Camino, etc...).

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755